A few weekends ago, we were woods deep in the Great Smoky Mountains, posted up in this cabin for a few days which consisted of nothing but hiking, grilling, watching football, and enjoying bottles of cab on the porch looking out at this view. Being the over-packers we are, you’d have thought we were staying for two weeks, not two nights. Here’s what we packed that we actually wore and/or used.
1. This jacket is so soft and is the perfect weight for fall. Plus, it will make you look a little more outdoorsy than you really are.
2. Is the bandana scarf trend over? We don’t know, but we still kind of love it, and this one added a touch of style to an otherwise plain outfit.
4. No, these Gucci Princetown Loafers aren’t hiking shoes, but they’re darn comfy, super chic and perfect to wear while chilling in the cabin. Not a fan? Try them on and tell us you’re still not on the bandwagon. One foot in and you might even justify the price tag.
5. These Beyond Yoga leggings are perfect for a morning hike.
6. The versatility of this Rag & Bone hat is 💯. We’ve worn ours hiking, jogging, and with a sweater and jeans on the weekends (anything to extend that blowout a few more days).
8. Zika virus aside, it seems like the mosquitos have been vicious this year. This multipurpose, Everyday Oil spray is made of essential oils and will help fight off insects, among other things.
9. Take advantage of your relaxing weekend and treat yourself to some pampering. This Rose Face Mask by Fresh contains real rose petals to hydrate and tone your complexion, and smells just like a bouquet.
10. You’ll definitely want to pack a bluetooth speaker. This one is handcrafted of zebra wood so it looks good sitting out, and LSTN Sound Co. donates a portion of the proceeds of your purchase to the Starkey Hearing Foundation to help provide hearing aids to people who need them all around the world. Purchase = justified. Oh, and need a playlist for the weekend? Follow us on Spotify.
11. Game night is a perfect cabin weekend activity, and what’s better than a classic game of Sharades?
12. It may not be winter yet, but the temps are dropping at night even down South. Warm up with this incredibly soft and cozy Barefoot Dreams blanket.