Now that we’re traveling pretty much whenever and wherever we can, we’ve realized we need to get smarter about what we travel with. There’s nothing worse than going through security and getting your beauty products tossed out by TSA, so from face creams to makeup and even toothpaste, we’ve rounded up the best beauty products that come in travel friendly sizes, and we’ll be packing them all in this adorable pink cosmetic pouch by Stephanie Johnson we picked up from Obligato boutique in Knoxville.
1. Harry Josh Hairdryer. Sure, hotel rooms may provide hair dryers, but let’s be honest… they’re weak. And if you have more than seven strands of hair, you need something with a little more horsepower to dry your mane in a reasonable amount of time. Harry Josh makes the holy grail of hair dryers, and its travel size. Worry no more.
2. Bliss Energizing Eye Mask. The only bags you want to lose while traveling are the ones under your eyes. Whether you’ve been in the car for five hours, your jet-lagged, or your struggling after that 5 a.m. flight, you’re bound to benefit from a little under-eye TLC. These eye masks from Bliss will do away with your dark circles, brighten your eyes and make you look like you just woke up from an eight hour sleep.
3. Marvis Toothpaste. A toothbrush and toothpaste may just be the absolute worst things to forget when you travel. Sure, you can swing by the drugstore or call down to your hotel’s front desk, but still. It’s better to be prepared. We keep stocked up on these travel-sized tubes from Marvis to keep our teeth feeling clean and our breath smelling so minty fresh.
4. Clarisonic Mia Fit. We never traveled with our Clarisonic until they answered our prayers and came out with the travel-sized Clarisonic Mia Fit. It’s an essential no matter your destination… going somewhere cold? It buffs away dull skin. Headed to the beach? It will prevent your pores from getting clogged with sunscreen. NYC for fashion week? It will cleanse your skin of impurities, toxins and pollutants you’ll be exposed to in a city environment.
- Tata Harper Lip and Cheek Tint. When it comes to packing, multi-taskers are key. Outfits you can mix and match, day to night dresses, and products that serve more than one purpose, like this volumizing lip and cheek tint by Tata Harper. Its all you need to give your complexion some color.
2. First Aid Beauty Face Cream. This 5 in 1 Face Cream by First Aid Beauty should be self-explanatory. When you’re on the go, anything to shorten your getting ready routine is clutch! If you can apply one product instead of five… done. This age delay cream is an anti-wrinkle cream, skin corrector, sunscreen and moisturizer that combats free radicals all in one. And makes us question our productivity.
3. Urban Decay Naked Basics Pallet. And when it comes to makeup, the less we have to travel with and dig through in our makeup bag, the better. Get yourself a basic neutral pallet like this one and use it for your lids, brows and liner. Whether you want a minimal look or a smokey eye, this Urban Decay pallet has got you covered.
4. Glossier Balm Dotcom. Glossier’s Balm Dotcom universal skin salve can be used as a lip balm, a primer for your lipstick, to soothe dry skin or as a highlighter on your cheekbones. Put a thick layer on your lips during a flight to keep them moisturized. It’s super versatile and a great product to travel with.
- Kiehl’s Shampoo and Conditioner. Have you ever tried squeezing your shampoo/conditioner/face wash/moisturizer into one of those empty plastic travel-size bottles you can buy at the drug store? It’s a pain. What’s much easier? Go to the Kiehl’s counter where they sell many of their basic products in travel sizes. We love their assortment of travel-sized shampoos and conditioners… there’s something for every hair type.
2. Tata Harper’s Daily Essentials Set. This is the perfect skincare combo for travel. Made with all natural ingredients, this 7-step regimen includes a Regenerating Cleanser, a Hydrating Floral Essence, a Rejuvenating Serum, Reparative Moisturizer, Replenishing Nutrient Complex, a Restorative Eye Cream and Resurfacing Mask… so basically everything you need all packaged in little tiny travel friendly sizes.
Check out more of our favorite travel friendly products below.